Thursday, August 02, 2007

Yes, Sir! No, Sir! No Excuse, Sir!

These were the three acceptable responses to an upperclassman while I was at the Academy. The first two are easy enough, and the third will stay with me the rest of my life... What it means is: Hey, I screwed up, I know it, I take responsibility for it, and I am ready to move on.

In my case, I have been kinda busy, and my blog has suffered as a result. It has been two-and-a-half months since last I wrote. In my defense, a lot has happened for Julie and I; but, no excuses.

In no particular order, the last two months have seen Julie and I buy a new house, teach Carlos to catch a frisbee, attend Beth & Chris' wedding, and assemble a workbench in the garage (complete with pegboard, but this is another story). I spent 10 days working at the edge of the planet in Bristol Bay for the June salmon opener, where my team completed over 650 fishing vessel dockside exams. Julie, Jessica and I joined my parents in Europe, to celebrate their 51st anniversary with a 10-day cruise of the Western Mediterranean. I earned my certification from the State of Alaska as a FireFighter I, and I am an active volunteer at the Auke Bay Station.

All this excitement needs to be shared with my gentle readers, so expect that I will do a better job of posting than I have recently. I have lots of pictures (like over 1200 from Europe), so I will post some of the best.

It has been a cool, wet summer in Juneau, and we are staying busy. When not busting butt trying to get rid of the moss that we call a lawn, we are hiking with Carlos. Or, stockpiling fresh wild salmon for the freezer. Or, enjoying the hot tub. Life is pretty good.
More to follow soon...
KML

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally - you know we are living vicariously through guys - so it is about time we see some pictures. We finally received your post card on Saturday - over a week after you returned to the good old USA. You all look so happy and look like you are having fun. Congrats to Shirley and Don. This is a great accomplishment. We know that you two will make 51 too!! We are waiting for more pics!! Love and hugs to you both.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home