Sunday, October 01, 2006

Ken is definitely the writer in the family


I don't imagine that I will ever get tired of seeing these beautiful eagles. This is one that they rescued and now her life will be in captivity. She is blind but I was talking to her and she seemed to listen to me. I think we had a connection. Ya right, Julie.

It has been a long time since I have written on the blog. I think I get lazy and let Ken do it as we all know what a great writer he is. Like most men not so good at expressing or saying how they feel but good at putting it down on paper.

It's already October and so much has happened. I think as you get older time just flies by so fast 'cause it sure seemed to stick around a lot longer when I was younger. In January we were traveling in India, east and west coast. It was such a great adventure and we saw things that I'm sure we will never see again. We just printed out about 25 of those pictures as I have been invited to a scrapbook party with the ladies from the Coast Guard. My friend Carol gave me a traveling scrapbook for Christmas last year and I'm finally going to use it. I think it will be a nice way to put down the great trip with some extra artwork added. Those two weeks in India was one of the best and most exciting times in my life. I will never forget it and would go back in a second. We did learn that I was the more calm traveler in the family. Ken is more detailed oriented and has to check everything over at each transfer. I on the other hand just want to go and get to the next place. We had a great time together, and learned that we are a great team and work well together. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful man as my partner. A blog about our India trip with pictures would be a great job for Ken, I'll let him know.

It has only been 4 months that we moved to Juneau. And again it seems like so much longer. We have already done so much here and finally getting settled in our ways. We really like our house, it is very comfortable and homey. We bought a fire pit about 3 weeks ago and that has been a great addition. We have already made several smores. I could sit in front of a fire for hours and just stare at it. To me, it is so relaxing and calming.

Its only 1 -1/2 months until our wedding day. And guess what we are done with all the planning and organizing of the event. When Ken asked me if we could plan a wedding in 4 months, I said I'm sure but it's going to be lots of work. Honestly, it hasn't been that hard at all. I'm a girl that likes nice things but I don't need several choices to decide what I want. I see something, I like it, I don't need to keep looking. We have had a great support team with Jess, my parents and Ken's parents and friends. Which without all of them it would have never happened. It has all come together... long distance, emails, pictures and phone calls have made it very easy. I will probably start crying when we get to Portland and I actually see everything in person for the first time. Everything is already so beautiful and blending so well, I'm sure its going to be amazing. It is so awesome to have people that really love us and want this marriage to happen just as much as we do.

The first job I received here in Juneau at the Native clinic just didn't work out. I was way over qualified and tremendously bored with the job. I couldn't stand to go to work and every morning I complained. I'm sure Ken was saying to himself, "what the hell did I do". But of course it all worked out. It only took me a week to find another job after I decided to move on. Now I work for a construction company as a Project Administrator. It's more my type of work and I really enjoy the people I work with. I am not the type of person to stay home even if we had the money. My ideal job would be taking care of animals, like an animal refuge. Maybe sometime in the future when money isn't so tight.

Well I think I've bored you all enough. I promise I won't write for at least a couple more months.

Boy, I miss my Jessica!!!!!!!

Julie

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you wrote in the blog - it is nice to hear that you are doing well in Alaska and loving it as much as Ken does. It is great to hear about your job and the fun things you are doing in your spare time. Please continue to tell us your stories and/or your side of the story :-] We know you would be a great addition at any animal sanctuary, so hopefully your dream will come true someday. We just have to keep buying those lotto tickets so someone in the family wins.

The wedding is going to be gorgeous and everyone has had a ball planning it and we are all looking forward to see you both again very soon.

Keep up the good writing. I am off to buy a lotto ticket.

Love you!! Mom

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home